Over 100,000 Civilians Displaced by Turkish Offensive on Syrian Kurdistan: WFP
The UN World Food Program (WFP) said on Saturday that the number of people displaced by the Turkish offensive on the Kurdish areas of northern Syria has reached 100,000.
According to the agency, the majority of the displaced are from the border towns of Ras al-Ayn (Sare Kani) and Tal Abyad (Gire Sipi).
As Turkey pushes deeper into the Syrian Kurdish areas, more civilians are expected to escape the violence in the upcoming days.
Official reports said at least 30 civilians, including children, have so far been killed, while over 50 others suffered injuries caused by Turkish bombardments.
Meanwhile, Turkey claimed on Saturday that it had taken full control of the border town of Ras al-Ayn. The Kurds, as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), refuted the claim, saying they are fighting the Turkish army back inside the town. Source