- Mahdi is on Iraqi TV in Kurdistan trying get the Kurds to agree on reassigning him as the prime minister. Other reports indicate Mahdi arriving in Kurdistan today trying to talk the Kurds into agreeing with Baghdad to have the US troops removed by rescinding their allocations in the 2020 budget.
- Baghdad airport officials telling Iraqi TV this morning they are not sure of the reason but they saw numerous flights of American military helicopters arriving at the airport indicating that the airport is taking on a heavy military presence by the US today.
- Iranian TV reports their government admitting today that they shot down the Ukrainian plane due to human error.
- A group of Iranian protesters demanded that the country’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei step down on Saturday after the government said its military had by mistake shot down a Ukrainian plane, killing all 176 people on board. Those aboard the doomed flight included 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians and 11 Ukrainians, including the nine crew members. Ten passengers were from Sweden, four from Afghanistan, three from Germany and three from the United Kingdom.
- The protesters in Iran expressed anger at what they perceive as an initial cover-up. Prior to Iran’s admission Saturday, it had denied shooting down the Ukraine International Airlines flight.