Shafaq News

  In Shafaaq 

Al-Amiri marks something “dangerous” and says: America targeted the crowd

The head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri, called on Friday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to investigate the American airstrike, which he said had targeted the Popular Mobilization Forces.

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by Shafaq News, “We call on the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces to investigate the American strike that took place last night in the Iraqi-Syrian borders.”

He added, “The information available to us indicates that this is targeting the Popular Mobilization Forces stationed on the Iraqi-Syrian borders and not as the US Defense Department claims that it is targeting the Iraqi Islamic Resistance factions in the Syrian territories.”

Al-Amiri also called on Al-Kazemi to “investigate the American narrative which claims that there is cooperation between the Iraqi government and the US Department of Defense to achieve this strike.”

He said, “This is a dangerous statement to disturb the unity and harmony between the security services,” adding, “For the utmost necessity and national importance, we are waiting for the results of this investigation to be revealed, so that our people know what is happening.”

And the US Department of Defense announced earlier that it had launched air strikes on factions loyal to Iran in the Syrian region of Albu Kamal, on the borders of Iraq.

In a statement, the defense said that the strikes destroyed “many infrastructures located at a border point used by Iranian-backed militias,” including the Iraqi “Hezbollah Brigades” and the “Sayyid al-Shuhada” Brigades, two factions within the ranks of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces.

In the wake of the bombing, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said, “The operation came after the United States obtained intelligence from Iraq, saying that” Washington encouraged the Iraqis to investigate and provide them with intelligence information, and that this was very useful in determining the target. ”

However, the Iraqi Ministries of Defense and Interior denied any information coordination with Washington regarding the raid, which the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said left 22 dead.