Top 10 Highest Currencies In The World In 2015
‘Money is not everything’, people say. But it can change many things. Undoubtedly, all power and reputation is said to be associated with money somehow. The value of money is quantified under the name of currencies associated with different countries.
There are 196 countries on the globe which have their own unique currencies. It is one of the point of differences between different countries. The worth of the currency belonging to any specific area is more likely to judge the economic and financial status of the country. The top ten highest currencies in the world as of the year 2015 are listed as below.
10. Swiss Franc: Swiss Franc of Swiss Confederation (Switzerland) and Liechtenstein is the first highest currency on the list. The currency code is CHF. 1 CHF is equal to1.05 US dollars.
9. European Union Euro: The next on the list is one attracting currency of European Union Nations. The currency code of Euro is EUR and it is the official currency of 19 states of Euro zone. One unit of EUR is equal to 1.12 US dollars. There are many other countries looking forward to adapt Euro as their official currency.
8. Cayman Island’s Dollar: The official currency of Cayman’s Island doesn’t remain behind in the list of world’s highest currencies. It makes to reach on 8th spot with its one unit worth $1.22. its currency code is KYD and it is symbolized as CI$. Its largest banknote is 100KYD which is almost equal to 122 US Dollars.
7. Azerbaijan Manat: The seventh highest currency in the world is Manat. It is the official currency of the Republic of China. The country’s economy is mainly based on oil and gas trade that makes its official currency’s per unit reaching to a worth of 0.95 US Dollars. The currency code is AZN.
6. Jordanian Dinar: The official currency of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan or commonly known as Jordan, Dinar, is the sixth strongest currency in the world. It is denoted as JOD and 1 Dinar is equal to 1.41 US Dollars. Its largest banknote is 50 dinar.
5. British Pound: The oldest currency among all the currencies of the world, British Pound appears to be on the fifth spot of the list. It is the official currency of United Kingdom, Jersey, Isle of Man, Guernsey, the South Sandwich Islands, South Georgia, Tristan Da Cunha and the British Antarctic Territory. The currency code is GBP and one GBP is equal to 1.54 US Dollars.
4. Latvian Lat: The former official currency of Republic of Latvia that is Lat is the next highest currency on the list. It was replaced by the currency of USSR after 1992. It is denoted by LVL. One LVL equals to 1.59 US Dollars.
3. Omani Riyal: Third on the list is the official currency of the Sultanate of Oman that is Omani Riyal. It was made the official currency of the country in 1970 and before its inception Indian Rupee was the official currency of Oman. The currency code is OMR and one OMR is equal to 2.60 US Dollars.
2. Bahraini Dinar: Bahraini Dinar is the second strongest currencies of the world which stands as the official currency of the Kingdom of Bahrain. It is denoted as BHD. One Bahraini Dinar has got a worth equivalent to 2.65 US Dollars. Central Bank of Bahrain has launched 20 Dinars note as the biggest note.
- Kuwaiti Dinar: Here comes the king of the currencies of the world as of the year 2015! It’s none other than Kuwaiti Dinar. It is the official currency of the state of Kuwait. It is denoted as KWD and has got a phenomenal value of 3.38 US Dollars. Its largest note up till now is of 20 Dinars.